Trip duration: 9 Days
Activities: Photograpy and day walks
What is the best time to photograph New Zealand? Ask any keen photographer who’s been there and they’ll tell you - autumn. The kaleidoscope of colors offer a multitude of scenic opportunities to photograph this country’s pristine landscapes, as the warm reds and dazzling golds contrast against the bright blues and greens of the surrounding countryside. We invite you to join us on our Autumn Colors of Central Otago tour when the Autumn Landscapes of the Central Otago region provide a spectacular display.
This year we are very excited to be partnering with Bike Beyond Boundaries from the USA, who are bringing the internationally acclaimed Daniel Nahabedian from Granada, Spain to explore the photographic delights of Central Otago in the fall. You can see Daniel’s images on his website, Canvas of Light.
This photographic journey showcases the vivid autumn colors and landscapes of Central Otago before venturing south to shoot the vast natural landscapes of Milford Sound in the heart of the Fiordland World Heritage Wilderness region. With the expert guidance of your local guide (who is also a dab-hand with a camera) you can join Daniel on an itinerary that will explore the Central Otago highlands and the rugged Southern Coast of the South Island, taking in all the ‘must see’ locations.
You’ll experience New Zealand’s most famous autumn towns, Arrowtown and Alexandra, as well as visit Milford Sound before the crowds arrive, providing an awesome cruise on the Sound beneath the huge walls of Mitre Peak. You will also visit the picturesque lakeside town of Wanaka, the nearby glacial lakes, as well as Kawarau Gorge and the vibrant coastal town of Oamaru.
This is not just a photographic tour. With a maximum of just 12 participants, ample time will be set aside for learning time with Daniel who doubles as your photographic tutor, to ensure you come away with magical memories as well as improved photographic skills.
- Expert photography tuition by Daniel Nahabedian
- Photograph the famous autumn tree-scapes in Arrowtown and Alexandra
- Take a boat cruise & capture the splendor of Milford Sound before the crowds arrive
- Visit the beautiful lakeside township of Wanaka and the nearby lakes
- Visit vineyards & orchards as they glow in fall colors
- Photograph some of the lesser known valleys of Fiordland with their spectacular viewpoints and towering rocky walls
- Learn of Otago’s rich gold mining history that led to the settlement of Central Otago’s Kawarau Gorge
- Enjoy the quirky coastal town of Oamaru with its Victorian architecture
To join Daniel on his Autumn Colors tour, please contact Doug at Bike Beyond Boundaries or email us