Bike the Otago Central Rail Trail in Winter and enjoy the spectacular scenery along the Old Maniototo rail line from Clyde in Central Otago to Middlemarch. Start with us from Queenstown or Clyde and finish back in Queenstown. The Otago Central Rail Trail trip is not just about the cycling but rather exploring the many small towns and abandoned gold diggings and meeting local inhabitants. Along the way we will even try our hand at the ancient art of curling (bowls on ice). The Winter Rail Trail is run on demand, please contact us to discuss your next winter break!
Click here to read a recently written article about the Otago Rail Trail by Dale Fehringer, Freelance Writer.
“As one of the participants of last week's Otago Rail Trail trip I just wanted to say a great big thanks for the wonderful experience with an amazing tour guide - Louise! We experienced the four seasons in one week which enhanced the tour - especially for the Australians from Townsville - who had never seen snow before! The communication prior to, and during the tour was prompt and very professional. I look forward to booking another "adventure" with your company next year.” Judy Burk, Otago Rail Trail November.
- start from Queenstown or Clyde
- 4 days of fully supported cycle riding on 150km of Rail Trail
- no luggage to carry or accommodaton worrries
- Soak up the stunning views of the snow capped mountains
- take optional trips to the historic gold mining village of St Bathans and visit the Blue Lake
- tour a high country family run farm in Wedderburn followed by devonshire teas
- Visit the art deco town of Ranfurly
- experience an entertaining game of indoor curling in Naseby
- cycle through the spectacular Taieri Gorge and visit the famous Hyde train disaster of 1943
- twin share accommodation in small hotels and lodges with single supplements available
- Enjoy plenty of hot meals and roaring fires along the way
- Price includes bike rental (from our quality fleet of hybrid bikes with suspension and front bags)
“The whole trip past all expectations from guides, fellow group members and the scenery was just fabulous. A brilliant trip!" Marcella Oldroyd Australia Otago Rail Trail April.
Our new Rail Trail Gold
offers an easy cycling adventure over 7 days with high class accommodation and optional activiites including wine tasting and curling. Find out more...
If you're looking for an active family break, see the scheduled itinerary that runs on demand in the season. This itinerary can be tailored to meet your needs, please contact
us for further information.
Specials: Many special tour options are available which we can tailor make to your requirements. These can include additional time spent exploring, alternative overnight locations in historic hotels and farmstays or just different dates or finishing points.