A 7 Day – 6 Night cycle tour that includes the Murray to the Mountains Rail Trail following historic railway lines to the early goldfields of Northern Victoria. Experience the cycle trails of the beautiful cycle friendly city of Melbourne as we explore the meanderings of the Yarra River amidst the bustling city.
The Ovens Valley Circuit takes you through open valleys, with their hop fields and vineyards then deep into natural bush country flanked by some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in Australia. Visit the Alpine township of Bright nestled beneath Mt. Buffalo and its winter ski fields. Enjoy sampling local cuisine and overnight in the historic townships of Beechworth and Wangaratta. The cycling terrain is easy as you travel through a landscape awash with the colours of autumn.
- Explore Melbourne with a day’s shopping and riding their beautiful cycle ways along the meandering Yarra river
- Meet locals on the Murray rail trail – accessed by a 3 hour train trip from the city
- Delight in the gum-lined sealed trail as it heads into the mountains to the tourist hub at Bright
- Enjoy character historic accommodation and the genuine Aussie pubs for lunch breaks
- Learn of the forces that have shaped our magnificent mountains
- Divert to historic gold mining town of Beechworth and explore by bike
- Vist Beechworth Gaol where famous outlaw Ned Kelly and his gang were imprisoned
- Chill out on this fully supported 7 day trip with full guide support
- Price includes:
Professional cycle tour guide
6 nights accommodation
Transport from Melbourne
2 dinners, 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches
Van support for luggage and transportation
- Please note: price does not include; alcohol and 3 dinners, 3 lunches, international airfares and departure Taxes, airport transfers.